Exascend has announced its brand-new Essential CFexpress Type A series that are available in capacities up to 240 GB. The Essential CFexpress Type A is among the larger-capacity Type As on the market, allowing for extended recording time on Sony a1, a7S III, A7 IV, FX3, and FX6.
Up until the release of these cards, the highest capacity CFexpress Type A cards on the market were limited to 160GB in capacity.
In some ways, CFexpress Type A is a strange format because there are limitations to the capacities that can be made and only a handful of cameras use this type of media.
- 120GB, 180GB, and 240GB capacities
- Read up to 800 MB/s; write up to 700 MB/s
- Handles 8K RAW at 60 FPS
- New proprietary SmartStream technology: a disruptive technology that dynamically scales CPU frequency and performance to cater to the use cases, maximizing energy efficiency
- Exascend’s trademark Adaptive Thermal Control technology: ensures stable performance in thermally demanding environments
- SuperCruise technology: a sustained performance-enhancing algorithm that allows the CFexpress card to handle critical memory tasks while still offering stable performance
- Five-year global warranty
The Exascend Essential CFexpress Type A cards are available in capacities of 120GB, 180GB, and 240GB. They have claimed read speeds of 800MB/s and write speeds of up to 700MB/s. This allows them to be able to record 8K RAW at up to 60fps. The sustained write speeds of the cards are claimed to be 550 MB/s.
The new Exascend CFexpress Type A cards not only feature the same technologies found in their CFexpress Type B cards, but also some new ones. These technologies are claimed to ensure unwavering storage performance, extreme reliability and impeccable data integrity.
The CFexpress Type A cards come with Exascend’s trademark Adaptive Thermal Control technology, an advanced technology for managing thermals and ensuring stable performance in thermally demanding environments. Because of CFexpress Type A memory cards’ minuscule size and high performance, Adaptive Thermal Control is a cornerstone technology for unlocking the power of CFexpress in such a tiny form factor.
The new cards also feature Exascend’s brand-new SmartStream technology, a disruptive technology that dynamically scales CPU frequency and performance to cater to the use cases, making SmartStream perfect for maximizing power performance for the CFexpress Type A.
Finally, there’s Exascend’s patented SuperCruise technology, a sustained performance-enhancing algorithm that allows the CFexpress card to handle critical memory tasks in a manner that leaves stable performance unaffected.
Price & Availability
The cards will be available soon for the following prices:
- 120GB $189.99 USD
- 180GB $299.99 USD
- 240GB $399.99 USD