At NAB 2022, Teradek unveiled its new Bolt 4K LT HDMI wireless video system. This is being touted as a lower-cost Bolt 4K that looks to be a good solution for cameras with HDMI-only setups plus, it comes in at a lower price point of $1999.00. While it isn’t inexpensive, it is cheaper than the SDI/HDMI version, and don’t forget it has zero latency. That is a big deal.
We have seen a ton of affordable wireless video transmitters getting released over the last few years, but most of them work on the 2.4GHz frequency, and they also don’t send uncompressed video. This also means that a lot of them have pretty bad latency. It is good to see Teradek finally bring out a more affordable latency-free option in this space.
The Bolt 4K LT HDMI can transmit and receive lossless HD video from up to 750′ / 228.6m line of sight. The wireless transmitter and receiver feature bright OLED displays and can wirelessly receive up to 4K30p video with 10-bit 4:2:2 HDR support. The transmitter inputs up to 4K video over HDMI and features an HDMI loop output, and the receiver outputs 4K video via dual HDMI.
The Bolt 4K LT HDMI can transmit visually lossless video to any Bolt 4K series receiver with zero delay.
Video can be sent to up to six receivers, and the Bolt 4K LT HDMI features improved metadata, range, and compatibility over its predecessors. There is built-in AES-256 encryption and noise rejection that Teradek states keep your video clean no matter how many devices are using the wireless spectrum. The Bolt LT system also supports the transmission of timecode and start/stop triggers from the camera.
Bolt 4K series units are all cross-compatible, so you can transmit to different Bolt 4K series receiver models. The transmitter also supports an iOS or Android app that easily connects via Bluetooth, which provides a spectrum analyzer, channel selection tools, and remote configuration. There are 1/4″-20 and M3 mounting threads to mount your transmitter on a variety of cameras, cages, or rigs.
- Transmits up to 750′ Line of Sight
- Supports up to 4K30 Resolution Input
- HDMI Inputs & Outputs
- 10-Bit 4:2:2 Support, No Delay
- Compatible with Bolt 4K Series TX/RX
- AES-256 Encryption, 7 x Antennas
- Bluetooth Mobile App, Spectrum Analyzer
Price & Availability
The Teradek Bolt 4K LT HDMI is available in a range of different configurations:
- Teradek Bolt 4K LT HDMI Transmitter/Receiver Kit (no battery plate) $1,990 USD
- Teradek Bolt 4K LT HDMI Transmitter/Receiver Kit (Gold Mount) $2,290 USD
- Teradek Bolt 4K LT HDMI Wireless RX/TX Deluxe Kit (V-Mount) $2,290 USD
- Teradek Bolt 4K LT HDMI Receiver (no battery plate) $1,090 USD
- Teradek Bolt 4K LT HDMI Receiver (Gold Mount) $1,190 USD
- Teradek Bolt 4K LT HDMI Receiver (V-Mount) $1,190 USD
- Teradek Bolt 4K LT HDMI Transmitter (no battery plate) $1,090 USD
- Teradek Bolt 4K LT HDMI Transmitter (Gold Mount) $1,190 USD
- Teradek Bolt 4K LT HDMI Transmitter (V-Mount) $1,190 USD