At NAB 2022, AJA announced its new HELO Plus Advanced H.264 Streamer/Recorder. This was designed to be an entry-level encoding and streaming device.
The HELO Plus is an updated version of the original HELO and AJA has added new features such as being able to simultaneously stream to two destinations at once, Picture-in-Picture streaming and recording, higher data-rate support up to 20 Mb/s, and SRT compatibility.
- Portable, stand-alone device with 3G-SDI and HDMI I/O
- Encode up to 1080p60 in H.264/MPEG-4
- Stream to two separate destinations simultaneously
- Create Picture-in-Picture streaming/recording output from multiple input sources
- 2-channel stereo audio
- Analog stereo audio out
- Front panel LED audio meters
- Data rates from 100 kbps to 20 Mbps in MPEG-4
- Record to SD, SDHC, or SDXC cards, USB storage, NFS, CIFS, or SMB network volumes
- USB slot and SD card slot for local external storage
- Video input and output on 3G-SDI and HDMI
- Support for RTP/UDP, RTSP, RTMP, RTMPS, HLS, and Unicast
- SRT compatibility
- AV Mute with user graphics upload support for pre-live feeds
- Web-based GUI preview window
- Group control for multiple HELO Plus and Ki Pro devices
- Three Year Warranty
The HELO Plus features 3G-SDI and HDMI inputs and outputs that support up to 1080p60 video from cameras, switchers, and other devices. Analog audio can be inputted via a 3.5mm jack.
If you need to simultaneously stream and record at the same time, the HELO Plus allows you to do this. You can record H.264/MPEG-4 streams simultaneously to a built-in SD slot that supports SD/SDHC/SDXC cards. There is also a USB Type-A port that allows you to use external USB 2.0 or 3.1 Gen 1 hard drives for recording.
HELO Plus can be easily configured remotely on a standard web browser, via the Ethernet connection, and using a desktop or laptop computer. Every function of HELO Plus is accessible in the WebUI, with multiple HELO Plus devices being easily controllable via a tabbed browser window. Once set up to your requirements, HELO Plus can also be controlled via the stream and record buttons on the front of the device, with audio level LED meters providing feedback for monitoring, or the system can be controlled directly from the included web-based UI. There’s also the option for remote control via the system’s integrated REST API.
Video & Audio Support
- (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
- (HD) 1080i 50, 59.94, 60
- (HD) 720p 50, 59.94, 60
- (SD) 525i, 625i
- H.264/MPEG-4 Encoder
Audio Encoding Parameters
- 32 kbps to 256 kbps
- 48 kHz 2-channel stereo
- MPEG-4 AAC-LC
Price & Availability
The AJA HELO Plus Advanced H.264 Streamer/Recorder is now available to pre-order for $1,699 USD.