At NAB 2022, Aputure has shown a prototype of its new MC Pro. This is essentially a brighter, high-quality version of the existing Aputure MC.
Aputure is clearly segmenting its products into two categories now, Pro and regular. We have seen them do it with the Light Storm series and now the MC.
The MC Pro is a small-sized (108 x 70 x 25mm 225g) 7W RGBWW fixture that is claimed to be 3x brighter than the current MC. Aputure states an output of 1,346 lux at a distance of 50cm / 19.68″.
- 7W RGBWW output, over 3x the brightness of the Aputure MC
- 1,346+ lux at 0.5m
- 45° Beam Angle
- 2000K to 10,000K CCT Range
- Color chips and matches the Nova panel lights and LS 600c Pro
- Weather-Resistant Construction
- Pocketable Size 108 x70 x25mm
- Weight 225g
- Magnetic Accessory Mount: flat diffuser, curved diffuser, 30° honeycomb grid, ball head with magnetic attachment
- Lumenradio CRMX Control
- It will also be available in an 8-light charging kit
The MC Pro is claimed to use the same RGBWW technology that is found in the Nova series, and LS 600c Pro.
It will come with a magnetic accessory mount, flat diffuser, curved diffuser, 30° honeycomb grid, and a ball head with magnetic attachment. Just like with the current MC, the MC Pro will also be available in an 8-light charging kit.
There is no indication of pricing or availability and is this is still a prototype it could take quite some time before we see it available to purchase.