Aputure’s new Light OctoDome 120 is a 120cm (47.2in) Bowens Mount Octagonal Softbox. The 8-sided softbox can be used with any Bowens mount light fixture from any COB point source. Its large at 120cm / 3.94ft diameter and 53.5cm / 21.06in depth. While it’s large, it’s much more manageable than a 5′ version and will create soft wide light. This is similar to a 4×4 frame but requires less grip to set one up—a good option for flexibility.
- 120cm (3.94ft) Bowens Mount Circular Softbox
- 53.5cm (21.06in) Depth
- 8-Sided Octagonal Design
- Lightweight: 1.7kg (3.75lbs)
- Portable: Packs Flat for Travel
- Incredible Soft Light Quality
- Two Quality Diffusion Fabrics (1.5 Stop & 2.5 Stop)
- 45° Fabric Light Control Grid
- Compatible with Bowens Mount LED lights, such as the Aputure LS 1200d Pro, 600x Pro, 600d Pro,
- 300d II, 300x, etc.
- Includes Carrying Bag & Lightweight Speedring
The Light OctaDome 120 includes two diffusion strengths. A 1.5 and 2.5 stops plus an inner baffle to allow users to fine-tune their intensity and light quality. The inner baffle will also assist in spreading the beam out and preventing a hot spot at higher output levels.
Its 8-sided structure also makes it very packable as it packs nice and flat and its lightweight construction at only 1.7kg (3.75lbs) gives it an ideal balance between a square frame or a fully circular softbox. The speed ring isn’t attached to the rods for quicker setup but lets the softbox lay flat in storage.
Aputure Octo 120 Specifications
- 1.5 and 2.5 stop diffusion
- 1.5 stop inner BAffle
- 45° Eggecrate
- Standard Bowens Mount
- Total Weight 1.7kg / 3.75lb
The Aputure Light OctoDome 120 retails for $129 USD and is available for preorder today.