Techart releases what they state is the first-ever Contax G to Nikon Z Autofocus Adapter. The adapter motor drives the screw-on G lenses to initiate the focusing mechanism. AF-S, AF-C is supported as a shooting mode, as well as manual focus.
- Carl Zeiss T* Biogon 21mm/f2.8
- Carl Zeiss T* Biogon 28mm/f2.8
- Carl Zeiss T* Planar 35mm/f2
- Carl Zeiss T* Planar 45mm/f2
- Carl Zeiss T* Sonnar 90mm/f2.8
- Carl Zeiss T* Vario Sonnar 35-70mm/f3.5-5.6
Techart TZG-01 simulates the autofocus mechanism that is done by Contax G cameras and their lenses. The brushless motor drives the screw on G lenses which control the movement of the lens to achieve focus. A dial on the side also allows users to manually adjust the focal point. It is for minor adjustment of the focus point in autofocus mode.
TZG-01 Key features
- Support AF-S and AF-C mode including face, eye, and animal detection
- Support dynamic area AF, auto-area AF, and single-point AF
- A release button on the side
- A dial on the side of the adapter for manual focusing
- Firmware upgradable via Micro USB plug
- Powered by the camera body
- Weight: 134g
Compatibility with IBIS
While shooting, the aperture value in the camera should be set to dedicated values with respect to the focal length of the lens, to maximize IBIS performance. Contax-G lenses are manual aperture lenses. The setting of camera aperture will not affect the shooting exposure. Respective aperture values to different focal lengths are shown in the table below:
The adapter is compatible with all Contax G Lenses and Nikon Z cameras.
The TZG-01 adapter is firmware upgradable. A USB update hub is included. The firmware update software can be downloaded from Techart website.
Price and Availability
The retail price of a TZG-01 Autofocus Adapter for Contax G to Nikon Z cameras is USD $299 in the United States. It is available on the Techart website