The GO II has several free updates available. RØDE Central is the Wireless GO II’s companion app that allows users to access onboard recordings, as well as unlock advanced features and configure their device. The software has been upgraded to deliver a more streamlined workflow for users, with better file management and recording navigation and export.
- Batch export – multiple recording files can now be exported simultaneously.
- Exporting selections – sections of recordings can now be exported individually via manual selection, rather than users having to export the entire file.
- Marker indexing – user markers that have been manually dropped in a recording are now indexed in a drop-down menu, making specific sections of a recording easy to access and export.
- Color-coded markers – to make it easier to differentiate between dropout markers and user markers in a recording file, these are now color-coded red and green.
- Dropout regions – if several dropouts occur within 10 seconds of each other, these will now be displayed as a “dropout region” rather than there being multiple dropout markers clumped together. This can then be exported as an individual section.
- ‘Jump-to Marker’ buttons – ‘Jump-to Marker’ buttons have been added, which make it easy to locate and export dropouts, dropout regions, and user markers.
- Naming recordings – the names of recordings can now be manually edited in RØDE Central.
- Improved recording navigation – a mini-nav bar has been added to the top of each recording, which allows users to quickly jump to a region rather than having to scrub through the whole file. A zoom function has also been added to the main recording waveform. Both of these features are particularly handy for navigating through longer recordings.
The RØDE Central update can be downloaded at rode.com/software/rode-central.