On the latest Go Creative Show podcast, Succession season 3 cinematographers Christopher Norr and Patrick Capone talk about the show’s multi-camera handheld-style and natural lighting.
Christopher, Patrick, and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, share why they film close-up shots first, showing vulnerability through cinematography, working as co-cinematographers, and a lot more.
Above you can listen to the entire episode.
- In-the-moment handheld visual approach (01:10)
- Deciding what to shoot handheld (08:38)
- Perfectly timing lens zooms (10:32)
- Having such a variety intakes (14:50)
- Choosing to shoot close-ups first (21:21)
- Why Succession is shot on film (28:04)
- 360º approach to lighting (30:41)
- Vulnerability through cinematography (38:25)
- Filming Kendall differently in season 3 (42:34)
- Working together as cinematographers (45:01)
- Challenging scenes in Succession (47:58)