The Matthews Studio Equipment Veeboxx is a portable softbox enclosure that works with Matthews ‘The Claw‘ to help transform the Astera 40” Titan tube into a diffused lighting source. The Claw & VeeBoxx combine to provide a safe and practical solution for use with Astera Titan Tubes.
- Three removable front panel diffusion options: Voodoo Cloth, 1/2 Grid (Lite), and 1/4 Grid
- Strategically placed internal-external hook and loop fasteners secure the panel to the body and allow for control grid attachment
- Reflective silver interior maximizes light output
- Black Ripstop body prevents light loss
- Rear zipper opening runs length of the body, allows for offset mounting and access to tube controls
- Body folds up accordion-style for easy transport
- Kit includes a small rag bag and The Claw for a complete mounting system
The Veeboxx features three removable front panels with various levels of diffusion:
- Voodoo Cloth
- 1/2 Grid
- ¼ Grid
The diffusion is secured by hook and loop. A reflective interior within VeeBoxx maximizes the tube’s output. A rear zipper opening runs the length of the body that allows easy access to the back of the fixture.
The Claw fits through the back zipper to facilitate light tube mounting to standard grip heads in multiple ways.
The softbox’s exterior is made of black Ripstop fabric with silver reflective material on the inside. Designed around the Titan Tube, VeeBoxx’s resourceful design allows it to fold up compactly accordion-style, for storage and transport.
Fully assembled, the VeeBoxx is 43” wide X 6”/109 x 15cm tall and 5.5” / 14cm deep and weights 2.7-lbs / 1.2kg. The diffusion panel surface area is 40” x 6” / 101 x 15cm.
Price & Availability
The Claw & VeeBoxx set including a carrying bag is available through Matthews Studio Equipment and various distributors around the world for $449 USD.