My RØDE Reel is back with a $250,000 USD major prize. This is now the 8th year of My RØDE Reel and it has grown from strength to strength to become the world’s largest short film competition.
If you are not familiar with My RØDE Reel, it is a short film competition that is open to anyone. All you need to do is to create an original short film that is up to 3 minutes in length and submit it to be in the running for winning $250,000 USD. Entries are now open and close Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
Since 2014, more than 20,000 films have been submitted to My RØDE Reel from over 100 countries around the world, with RØDE awarding millions of dollars in cash and gear to entrants, helping to launch thousands of careers.
How do you enter & what do you have to do?
It is pretty easy to enter. All you need to do is:
- Click here to download your starter pack, access freebies from MZed and Musicbed, and check out past winning entries to get you inspired.
- Make a short film up to 3 minutes in length. It can be on any topic you like. Use the prize categories to inspire the direction of your film.
- Make a behind-the-scenes film, up to 3 minutes in length, that shows us how you made your short film and features the RØDE product(s) that you used in your production.
- Sign up for a My RØDE Reel account, and complete the registration process. The registration page will open soon!
- Submit your film to My RØDE Reel. Once approved, it will appear on the ‘Watch’ page.
- Share your film and encourage your friends, family and fans to vote – there’s a People’s Choice Prize to be won for the film with the most public votes.
Once you are done, upload your short film and BTS film to YouTube, then submit them to myrodereel.com.
The winner of each My RØDE Reel category will win cash plus a prize pack loaded with gear from RØDE, as well as My RØDE Reel sponsors Nanlite, Zhiyun, MZed, Musicbed, Adobe, Pelican, ARRI, DZOFIlm and Insta360.
The winner of the major prize, the prestigious Judges’ Choice, will win US$250,000 plus a gear prize pack. The winners of the genre and special categories will win US$10,000 plus a gear prize pack. The two runners up of each category will also win a gear prize pack.
There are also eight cash prizes to be won in the Best Chinese Film category – US$20,000 for first place, US$10,000 for second place, US$10,000 for third place, and five US$1,000 ‘High Commended’ prizes.
Click here for the full prize breakdown.
Entries are open now and close at 10AM (AEDT/GMT+11) Wednesday, October 20, 2021. Head to myrodereel.com for more info.