Feelworld has announced its new F7 Pro monitor. The F7 Pro features a 7″ IPS FHD 1920×1080 touchscreen and it is being touted as an affordable entry level directors monitor.
- Supports 3D LUT Log to Rec.709 & user 3D LUT uploads
- Touchscreen Menu
- Full HD 1920×1200, High Contrast: 1200:1
- 160° wide viewing angle
- Auxiliary power out (DC 8V)
- HDMI input and output
- Supports HDR monitoring
- Focus Assist Tools
- Headphone Jack
Feelworld are known for making affordable entry-level monitors, but they have so many in their lineup that it can be quite confusing for consumers.
Their line-up is so confusing because they also have the folowing monitors:
- LUT7S PRO 7″ Ultra Bright HDMI/3G-SDI Field Monitor with F970 Plate
- LUT7 PRO 7″ Ultrabright HDMI Field Monitor with F970 Accessory Mounting Plate
- F5 PRO V2 5.5 INCH TOUCH SCREEN 3D LUT DSLR CAMERA FIELD MONITOR WITH F970 EXTERNAL KIT
- LUT6 6″ 2600NITS HDR/3D LUT TOUCHSCREEN DSLR CAMERA FIELD MONITOR WITH WAVEFORM 4K HDMI
- LUT7 7 INCH ULTRA BRIGHT 2200NIT TOUCH SCREEN CAMERA DSLR FIELD MONITOR WITH 3D LUT
- LUT7 PRO 7 INCH 2200NITS DSLR CAMERA FIELD MONITOR LUT TOUCH F970 EXTERNAL KIT HDMI
- FW568 5.5 INCH SMALL CAMERA DSLR MONITOR FULL HD 1920X1080 VIDEO ASSIST 4K HDMI DC OUT
- F6 PLUS 5.5 INCH SMALL TOUCH SCREEN 3D LUT CAMERA DSLR FIELD MONITOR 1920X1080 HD 4K HDMI
- FW759 7 INCH SLIM DSLR CAMERA FIELD MONITOR HD VIDEO ASSIST IPS 1280X800 4K HDMI AV
- FW279 7 INCH ULTRA BRIGHT 2200NIT DAYLIGHT VIEWABLE DSLR CAMERA FIELD MONITOR 4K HDMI
- F5 5 INCH SMALL 4K HDMI DSLR ON CAMERA MONITOR FULL HD 1920X1080 PEAKING ASSIST DC OUT
- T7 7 INCH IPS 1920X1200 4K HDMI CAMERA FIELD MONITOR RUGGED ALUMINUM HOUSING
- P7 7 INCH UTRA BRIGHT 2200NIT CAMERA DSLR FIELD MONITOR 4K HDMI DC OUT ALUMINUM HOUSING
- F570 5.7 INCH SMALL DSLR CAMERA FIELD MONITOR FULL HD 1920X1080 4K HDMI ALUMINUM HOUSING
- T756 7 INCH IPS FULL HD 1920X1200 DSLR CAMERA MONITOR 4K HDMI INPUT OUTPUT
- S55 5.5 INCH CAMERA DSLR FIELD MONITOR VIDEO ASSIST IPS 1280X800 4K HDMI DC OUT TILT ARM
- FW450 4.5 INCH SMALL DSLR CAMERA FIELD MONITOR FULL HD 1280X800 WITH 4K HDMI IN OUT
- FH7 7 INCH FULL HD1920X1200 FIELD MONITOR PEAKING FOCUS VIDEO ASSIST 4K HDMI INPUT OUTPUT
- F5 PRO 5.5 INCH TOUCH SCREEN DSLR CAMERA FIELD MONITOR WITH EXTERNAL KIT
That’s 19 differnt HDMI on camera monitors! I haven’t even listed the ones that feature SDI.
The screen as I mentioned is a full HD IPS panel and it has a claimed contrast ratio of 1200:1, a PPI of 323, and a screen brightness of 500nits. This is not very bright and it is certainly going to be more suited for indoor use.
Now, the F7 Pro only covers a Rec.709 gamut, but strangely Feelworld claims that it supports HDR monitoring. That is technically impossible given that not only can the monitor only display a Rec.709 gamut, but it is also only 500nits.
The F7 Pro is an HDMI IN/OUT only monitor. It comes with a 12V DC In, a 8V DC Out, a 5V USB-C input, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. The monitor weighs 330g (11.64oz).
The Feelworld F7 Pro features an auxiliary power out (DC OUT 8V) so that you can use it to power various cameras. Optional DC coupler cables are available for NP-FW50 Sony, Canon LP-E6 Canon, and Panasonic DMW-BLF19.
The monitor itself is powered via powered by a Sony F970 battery. It has a power consumption of ≤9W. There is also an additional powered Sony F970 battery plate so you can directly attach various accessories that also use a Sony F series battery.
With this additional powered battery plate you could attach a compatible wireless video RX unit.
The monitor features touchscreen functionality. You can access menus and functionality via the touchscreen and you can also pinch to zoom like you would on a tablet or smartphone.
If you don’t want to use the touchscreen functionality you can use physical controls instead.
As far as monitoring tools are concerned, the F7 Pro comes with a 12 different options.The Video OS includes tools for focus, framing & exposure (waveform, RGB parade, vectorscope, RGB histogram, histogram, embedded audio, focus peaking, zoom, zebra, false color, safe frames, etc.) along with a flexible 3D LUT implementation (use built-in LOG to Rec.709 video or upload .cube files) and options for anamorphic de-squeeze monitoring.
Price & Availability
The F7 Pro is now available. It retails for $239.00 USD.