Sound Devices has released firmware v4.70 for its 688 mixer/recorder. This mainly adds support for the recently announced A-20 Mini Transmitter.
- The A20-Mini transmitter introduces GainForward, a new feature that eliminates the need to adjust microphone preamplifier gain at the wireless transmitter. Audio levels from the transmitter are controlled either directly at the mixer’s trim control or at the wireless receiver. Read more about GainForward.
- Support for A20-Mini GainForward. When the A10-RX receiving an A20-Mini signal is slotted into the SL-6, the A10-RX Input menu settings are bypassed and all gain, low cut, and limiter activity are performed and controlled by the 688. Trim gain range is 0 to 60 dB for the 688 channel receiving signal from the A20-Mini.
- A10-RX Receiver Setup screens show Limiter, High Pass Filter, and clipping status of the associated 688 channel when receiving signal from the A20-Mini.
- A10-RX Receiver screens now display overload, mute, and record status of A10-TX.
- SuperSlot Receiver Overview screen now shows record status of the A20-Mini and A10-TX.
- SL-6 related screens no longer display incorrect values for the A10-RX Y (7 MHz) TV channel mapping.