On the latest Go Creative Show podcast, cinematographer Gabriel Beristain ASC BSC explains his filmmaking philosophy of treating the camera like a character.
Gabriel and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss the visual references of the film, why Gabriel always used 3 cameras on set, not being ashamed of relying on filmmaking fundamentals.
Above you can listen to the episode.
- Responding to movie critiques (01:12)
- Visual references for BLACK WIDOW (04:36)
- The camera being a character (10:57)
- 3 camera setup on set (18:35)
- Not be ashamed to use filmmaking fundamentals (26:44)
- Shooting on the Sony Venice (33:32)
- Filming car chase scenes (38:23)
- Challenges on set of BLACK WIDOW (43:39)
- Lessons learned as a cinematographer (53:01)