Sony has issued firmware update Ver.2.01 for the a7S III. This a relatively small update, although it does fix a quite bizarre issue.
Some users were experiencing an issue where a Picture Profile was being applied even when the Picture Profile was turned off.
Benefits & Improvements
- Fixes an issue where a Picture Profile may be applied even though the Picture Profile feature is set to Off
- Improves the operational stability of the camera when using the Imaging Edge Desktop (Remote) or Imaging Edge Mobile apps
- Fixes an issue where an error message may appear while shooting at a high shutter speed
- Fixes an issue where a file saved in the memory card may not be loaded by the Save/Load Settings
- Improves the overall stability of the camera