Today Z Cam released firmware 0.98.0 with a few fixes and added features. One I like is the proxy recordings are now a separate file as opposed to embedded. This will keep the saved files a little smaller if you don’t need proxies. The E2 MFT camera now has 4K at 120fps using ProRes as opposed to H.265.
More ProRes Options
With the update, All resolution and frame rate combinations now support ProRes 422 recording (except C8K 2.4:1).
Z CAM E2 firmware release 0.98.0
*BACK UP YOUR USER SETTINGS PRIOR TO UPDATING*
- All resolution and frame rate combinations now support ProRes 422 recording (except C8K 2.4:1).
- ProRes proxy records in separate files.
- Preview & in-camera playback with 3D LUT banding issue fixed.
- External SSD recording through USB performance improved.
- Added 5K 60fps recording on E2-F6.
- UVC (USB camera) bug fixes.
- 4K 120fps with E2 recorded in ProRes
- Other bug fixes.
The update is for all Z Cam E2 models and can be downloaded directly from the Z Cam website. or direct with the link and models below.
It’s always a good thing when a camera you already own gets better over time. Z Cam has been improving and adding features that the user base has been asking for and the 0.98.0 update is a good one.
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Consider becoming a Patreon supporter and help us to continue being the best source of news and reviews for professional tools for the independent filmmaker.