Neat Video 5.3 has been released. 5.3 brings support for the newest NVIDIA Ampere GPUs for Windows and Linux users.
The new NVIDIA Ampere GPUs consist of three new cards. The GeForce RTX 3070, RTX 3080, and RTX 3090. All these cards have high numbers CUDA cores and they support the newest generation of the serial bus protocol, PCI Express 4.0. The RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 are equipped with fast GDDR6X memory capable of transferring up to 760 and 935 GB/s respectively.
Using any of these new cards with the latest version of Neat Video is said to significantly speed up how the program works.
Apple users also get added support for several new AMD cards. These include:
- Ampere GPUs including GeForce RTX 3070 / 3080 / 3090 (Windows, Linux)
- Radeon Pro 5600M in new MacBook Pros
- Radeon Pro 5300 / 5500 XT / 5700 / 5700 XT in new iMacs
Neat Video has, however, discontinued support for several older GPU models. This had to be done due to the changes in both NVIDIA ’s and AMD’s drivers and development tools. If you want more details about those changes you can read them here: History of Changes
Here is the complete list of the new and updated versions of video editing applications Neat Video 5.3 has added support for:
- BorisFX Silhouette 2020.5.5+ (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
- Vegas Pro 18 (Windows)
- Edius X (Windows)
- Magix Video Pro X12 / X11 (Windows)
- HitFilm 15 (Windows, MacOS)
- Dustbuster+ 12.5 / 11 (MacOS)
- Flame 2021 (MacOS, Linux)
Several other minor issues have also been fixed in Neat Video 5.3.