Lowel has announced new 40” C-Stands. Lowel has made light stands in the past, but to my knowledge, this is their first foray into C-Stands.
The 40-inch double-riser shaft is equipped with unique ergonomic locking tri-knobs that are claimed to offer a firm grip and secure hold. The staggered leg height design allows you to nest several stands close together.
Lowel C-stands follow industry-standard sizes so they will fit on grip trucks or C-stand hangers.
- Heavy-duty – designed for loads up to 22 lbs./10 kg
- Industry-standard size to perfectly stack & store on carts, grip truck hangers or studio racks
- Aluminum castings with stainless steel Helicoil inserts
- Captive “no backout” tri-knob handles with hex-nut wrench interface
- Tapered brass brakes for fast and secure riser adjustment
- Top riser with a welded knurled baby pin to prevent rotation of grip head or lighting fixture
- Spring-loaded and welded 1.5mm tube wall thickness steel legs
- Serrated Grip Head with an aluminum gasket to prevent slipping and sagging
- Stainless steel Grip Arm with flat recess pin to limit slipping or rotation of light fixtures
- Choice of Turtle Base or Sliding Leg Base
- Choice of electroplated chrome or powder-coated black finish
Two Versions Available
The Lowel 40″ C-Stands come in either a Turtle Base or Sliding Leg Base. Both versions have a payload capacity of 22 lb (10 kg).
The turtle-base model C-stand (CTB-40) features spring-loaded legs for fast setup and breakdown and for easy travel and storage. The removable base with a 1⅛-inch junior receiver allows you to exchange riser sections with accessories like a stand adapter for low-angle lighting or replacing the legs with a runway base for greater mobility.
It comes with:
- Lowel 40″ C-Stand Turtle Base Kit
- Chrome C-Stand
- Lowel 40″ Grip Arm (Chrome)
- Lowel 2.5″ Grip Head (Chrome)
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
The sliding-leg model C-stand (CSL-40) features a movable top leg that’s secured by a tri-knob. It’s designed for leveling the stand on uneven surfaces like stairs, hills, and curbs. It comes with:
- Lowel 40″ C-Stand Sliding Leg Kit with 2.5″ Grip Head & 40″ Grip Arm (Black or Chrome)
- Grip Arm with Head (40″)
- Grip Head (2.5″)
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Lowel’s Grip Head (CGH-25) provides 5/8 and 3/8-inch holes for mounting grip arms and other lighting fixtures or grip equipment. The 40-inch Grip Arm (CGA-40) features a fixed 2.5-inch grip head and a pin with a flat recess that prevents slipping or rotating when mounting small light fixtures.
Price & Availability
The Lowel 40″ C-Stands retail for the following prices:
- Lowel 40″ C-Stand Turtle Base Kit (Chrome, 9.8′) $179.99 USD
- Lowel 40″ C-Stand Turtle Base Kit (Black, 9.8′) $179.99 USD
- Lowel 40″ C-Stand Sliding Leg Kit with 2.5″ Grip Head & 40″ Grip Arm (Chrome) $159.99 USD
- Lowel 40″ C-Stand Sliding Leg Kit with 2.5″ Grip Head & 40″ Grip Arm (Black) $159.99 USD
The Grip Heads can be purchased for $37 USD.
They are all available to purchase.
These prices are competitive and put them in line with options from Impact, Matthews, and Kupo.
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Consider becoming a Patreon supporter and help us to continue being the best source of news and reviews for professional tools for the independent filmmaker.