You may have recalled the laughter in the audience when Tim Cook disclosed the $699 USD price for the Apple Mac Pro Wheels Kit. Despite the reports that the wheels are actually very good, $699 USD for four wheels for a computer does seem outrageous.
Well, OWC has now come up with its own solution which is called Rover Pro Wheels for the Mac Pro. Now, they won’t cost you $699 USD, but you will still have to fork over $199 USD.
- Patent-pending made in USA design
- Highly polished stainless-steel matches the Mac Pro
- Hand tightens in under 2 minutes
- Vibration absorbing silicone rubber pad preserves factory feet finish
- 360-degree articulating wheels
- Wheel stops prevent unintended movement
- Non-marking soft rubber tread wheels with low friction bearings
- Built to be the best and backed with a Limited Lifetime Warranty
The Rover Pro Wheels don’t require you to use any tools. You just place your Mac Pro’s factory feet into the Rover Pro’s polished stainless-steel housings and secure with a few hand twists. If you want to remove them, you just reverse the process.
Rover Pro Wheels feature industrial-strength soft rubber tread wheels with 360-degree articulating rotation and low friction bearings.
The Rover Pro includes wheel stops. When not in use, the stops clip to the casters so your computer won’t move around.
Price & Availability
As I already mentioned, the OWC Rover Pro Wheels for the Mac Pro are $199 USD. They are scheduled to start shipping some time this month.