Miller has announced the new Arrowx 1 to their range of Arrowx fluid heads.
The Arrowx 1 is an entry-level head 100mm bowl head tripod with a payload capacity of 16kg (35lb). It has 5+0 positions of pan and tilt drag, and 16 positions of counterbalance with CB Plus.
CB Plus is an innovative sequential counterbalance design, that takes traditional counterbalancing a step forward, allowing the user to do repeatable and accurate movements. CB Plus features eight larger counterbalance steps, allowing the user to get to their required counterbalance position quickly and efficiently. The CB Plus one flick” switch conveniently located at the front of the head, adds a half step between each of the eight larger steps enabling counterbalance fine-tuning when required.
- Wide payload range 0-16.0kg (0-35.3lbs).
- 5 selectable drag positions (pan and tilt) + 0.
- 16 selectable counterbalance positions, with CB PlusTM for precise counterbalance (15 + 0).
- Quick-release, 120mm sliding camera platform with standard camera plate (euro).
- Fluid drag system with smooth start and soft stop technology & balanced diagonal transitions.
- Controls “all in one location” design for fast, easy and practical use.
The ArrowX1 weighs in at 2.9kg (6.4lbs). The mounting base is Ø100mm (3.9″) ball leveling and there are 3 x M5 holes for flat base mounting.
There are now four heads in the Arrowx range, with the 1, 3, 5 & 7 models with increasing payload ranges.
There is currently no indication of pricing or availability.
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Consider becoming a Patreon supporter and help us to continue being the best source of news and reviews for professional tools for the independent filmmaker.