I had a chance to catch up with Zack from Core SWX and what they are up too these days. As you know it’s tough out there right now with the pandemic and PPE is still needed especially in the medical community.
Cores SWX has switched their manufacturing over for a limited time to making face shields for the medical community, or anyone who needs one. PPE is hard to come by with the demand being so high, so Core SWX wanted to help. It’s great to hear stories like this and a big thank you to them for stepping up.
Another nice story comes from Hollyland. They started the Frontline Videomakers Assistance Program back in April producing medical masks and have been sending them to many creators throughout the world. Hollyland has also donated thousands of masks to Wuhan China hospitals and caregivers back in February.
Smaller higher capacity batteries are hitting the market and Core SWX is expanding their NEO lineup with the NEO 150 battery. It shares the design of the NEO 9 only a little bit longer. The capacity is 147wh and can sustain a 12A continuous load/16A peak.
NEO 150 features
- Capacity: 147Wh (14.8v, 9.9Ah)
- Size: 3.54” x 4.65” x 2.38”
- Weight: 1.8lbs.
- Normal Runtime: (25w) 5.9hrs.
- Load: 16A peak/12A continuous
- Panasonic cells
- Capacity is 147wh and can sustain a 12A continuous load/16A peak.
- A multipurpose backlit LCD provides nominal runtime based on a 25W load, remaining runtime once connected to a device, and remaining charge time when on a charger
- The Hypercore NEO 150 Mini can communicate to cameras as well as chargers with both one-wire and two-wire protocols
- The packs go to sleep/hibernate when there is no battery usage or movement after a 48-hour period. Once the battery is picked back up, it awakens.
- Integrated “smart” D-Tap connector allows users to power any 12 VDC devices while also receiving all battery data from the port.
- 5V USB port allows powering any USB accessory on the set as well as charge mobile devices.
- Over-molded, non-slip rubberized housing helps provide cell protection against accidental impacts.
- The NEO 150 Mini is firmware-upgradeable via its USB port.
- The Hypercore NEO 150 Mini incorporates Storage Mode to protect self-discharge and help comply with travel regulations.
The new NEO 150 is available in Gold Mount as well as V-Mount and retails for $485. and is available now.
Mini X2 Charger
The new X2 Mini shares the same charging features as the bigger X2S. The big difference is the X2 Mini doesn’t include a 4-pin XLR output with a 90W power supply for cameras, lights, or other equipment that can draw from a 4-pin XLR.
The slim charger can charge a single battery at a 3-amp rate or batteries in both bays simultaneously at 2 amps. Since it sits vertically with two batteries mounted, the X2S takes up less space than traditional chargers.
The Core SWX X2S 2-Bay Vertical Charger retails for $250.00
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Consider becoming a Patreon supporter and help us to continue being the best source of news and reviews for professional tools for the independent filmmaker.