On the latest Go Creative Show podcast, cinematographer Adriano Goldman ASC ABC provides a behind the scenes look at Netflix’s hit series The Crown.
Adriano and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss the challenges of filming the first couple of episodes, the stunning visual approach to the series, why they changed cameras and lenses throughout the seasons, and collaborating with costume design.
You can listen to the full episode above.
- Adriano’s thoughts on the effects of COVID-19 (02:24)
- The difficulty establishing the look of THE CROWN (14:00)
- Visual approach and the importance of choosing coverage (22:26)
- Camera and lens package (36:48)
- Why the camera and lenses changed throughout the seasons (39:50)
- Filming the interiors and working with haze (44:35)
- Collaborating with production and costume design (50:58)