On the latest Go Creative Show podcast cinematographer, Paul Cameron ASC talks about working on Westworld Season 3.
Paul and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss the visual differences between seasons of Westworld, how he blends the old west with the future, his transition from DP to director, and how he fills the frame’s background with lighting.
Above you can listen to the full episode.
- Staying creative during COVID-19 (02:40)
- Visual approach to Westworld season 3 (07:49)
- Importance of prepping and storyboarding (21:30)
- Transitioning from DP to director (34:12)
- Relationship between director and talent (39:23)
- Challenges of filming with exterior lights at night (48:41)
- How Paul fills the background using lights (52:38)
- Approach to camera movement in Westworld (01:00:59)
- Advice for filmmakers (01:04:50)