MASV has announced a major update to its app for macOS and Windows. MASV App V.2.0 is designed for media & entertainment professionals, creatives and enterprise video users who need to send and receive large files.
I have been using MASV for years and due to the Coronavirus, I have had to send files that are close to 100GB to clients overseas. In my opinion, MASV is the most economical and fastest way of doing this. It is a pay as you go service, so there are no monthly fees. You only pay for the data you send.
Now more than ever, video professionals are working remotely and need the ability to get their enormous files reliably and quickly. Whether you’re sending a Terabyte of RAW video or simply sharing a Zoom meeting recording you want it to be done quickly and efficiently.
MASV App 2.0
At the core of MASV App 2.0 is new automation tools that help producers collect video content from contributors and automate downloads from a MASV portal. The net result is less waiting, so projects get done and billed sooner. The app is free to download at http://www.massive.io/desktop-app/.
New features include:
- All-new interactive interface: MASV App 2.0 is a complete redesign, and provides an elegant and easy-to-use interface that’s consistent across Windows and macOS.
- Transfer Dashboard: A new dashboard shows all transfer progress in one view, displaying speeds and estimated delivery times.
- Support for MASV Portals: MASV Portals is a simple landing page used to collect assets from contributors. In V.2, contributors can upload to a Portal through the app, providing unparalleled reliability.
- Transfer Automation: Deliver automatically to Cloud or local storage: no click of the download button required. Supports local, Amazon S3 and Backblaze B2 storage.
- Pause & Resume: Get more control over your transfers, with pause and resume for each transfer. Intuitive and context-sensitive buttons help make the process easy.
- Unstoppable Transfer Performance: Improved integration between app and the MASV Cloud service ensures delivery following Internet disruptions. The App pushes through slow internet connections so your files will still get delivered even if you don’t have the bandwidth to take advantage of MASV’s industry-best speed.
- Simultaneous deliveries: Effortlessly run concurrent transfers.
- Folder structure retention, without zips on download: Invite recipients to get the app for faster deliveries and to retain folder structure without needing the time or hard drive space to unzip their deliveries.
- Dark Mode: The app also has a nice light mode and respects system settings, but seriously, you should use dark mode.
Free 100GB trial
A 100GB free trial makes it easy to test MASV with your biggest files. Find it at www.massive.io.
How It All Works
Sign up for a free MASV trial. (www.massive.io). It’s free. No credit card required.
Download the desktop app from: https://www.massive.io/desktop-app/.
Send/Receive deliveries from MASV App V.2 using your MASV account credentials.
Configure Portals. MASV Portals can be configured within MASV’s 7-day 100GB (that’s a lot) trial period. After that, it is just $0.25/GB of egress data*.
Automate Portal Deliveries. Share your Portal URL with your clients to receive files from them. Configure automation for that Portal in MASV app so that the files are downloaded on your computer automatically as soon as your clients finish uploading.