Freefly has released a new RTK GPS add on for their Alta X drone. The new module offers a higher level of accuracy, reducing drift and increasing repeatability for pre-programmed moves.
- Utilizes 2 RTK GPS modules (U-blox ZED-F9P); one for aircraft (“Rover”), the other for ground (“Base Station”)
- Highest level GPS positional accuracy for Alta X
- Multiband L1/L2 receiver
- Includes IST8310 Magnetometer and BMP388 barometer, safety switch/LED and RGB LED
- Compatible with AltaSW 1.3+, PX4 1.9+
- Not compatible with Alta 8 Pro, Alta 8 or Alta 6.
The system uses the latest precision GNSS module (F9P) from Freefly partner u-blox. Freefly RTK covers GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou.
When integrating Freefly RTK into your system you will notice increased horizontal and vertical accuracy and repeatability. Users can choose to use GPS for height estimate which helps negate barometer artefacts (droop in forward flight etc)
The system is designed to be fast and simple to set up. We have designed the kit to be a drop-in upgrade for Alta X and the ground station features a new mag lock design to allow you to deploy the system with no tools.
The RTK GPS kit includes two Active Helical Maxtenna antennas in the kit. These Antennas are designed specifically for the F9P module and give full hemispherical coverage to ensure full satellite coverage even at lower elevation angles.
The RTK GPS kit costs $1,995 USD and is shipping now.
The kit includes:
- Qty 2 – RTK GPS modules (U-blox ZED-F9P)
- Qty 2 – Multi-band RTK GPS antennas
- Qty 3 – Bolt M3 x 16 SHCS (for mounting module to Alta X)
- Qty 1 – Magnetic mounting kit with ¼ 20 interface (for tripod, etc)
- Qty 1 – USB Right Angle Type C to Type A (3m/9.84’)