RØDE Microphones has just announced the NT-USB Mini, a portable and very compact USB microphone with an integrated 360-degree swing mount.
- High-quality condenser capsule – delivers warmth and presence for a clear, professional sound.
- Directional cardioid pickup pattern – optimised to reduce room sound and other extraneous noise, focusing on the subject in front of it.
- Smooth frequency response – sounds incredible in a wide variety of applications.
- In-built pop filter for reducing plosives.
- Unique detachable magnetic desk stand – sturdy base mitigates knocks and bumps, easy to remove.
- Integrated 360-degree swing mount for quick and easy positioning on a desktop, mic stand, or studio arm.
- Class-compliant USB output – works seamlessly with computers and tablets, simple to use – just plug in and hit record.
- Studio-grade headphone amplifier with precision level control and switchable zero-latency monitoring for eliminating distracting echo.
- Sleek and compact – steel and reinforced nylon resin construction, stylish matte black finish and compact design.
The NT-USB Mini is being positioned as a versatile microphone that can be used in a wide variety of applications such as conference calls, music recording, podcasts and live streaming to name a few.
Just like the original NT-USB, the Mini is very easy to use. Simply plug it in with the included Type-A to Type-C USB cable and you’re ready to go. Compatible with any PC or Mac.
At only 89mm (3.5″) wide and 141m (5.5″) tall, the mic is very compact. The body is made from hard-wearing steel and reinforced nylon resin for the swing mount.
Magnetic Desk Mount
The integrated swing arm mounts magnetically to the desk stand making it fast to set up.
You can use any standard microphone stand or boom arm using the 3/8″ thread on the swing arm.
The NT-USB Mini not only features a studio-quality 24-bit, 48KHz A/D conversion but a studio-grade headphone amplifier with the 3.5mm headphone output.
When recording vocals or voiceovers, you can press the volume knob to set the mic to send the audio directly to the output for zero-latency monitoring. Removing any echo or latency in the monitoring.
Pricing & Availability
The RØDE NT-USB Mini also has a mini price of only $99 USD. For reference, the original NT-USB microphone retails for $169 USD.
It comes with a Type-C USB cable and a Thread Mount Adapter
Competing products would include other USB microphones like:
Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient
Active Electronics: Electret condenser, A/D and USB interface
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
Input SPL @ 1% THD: 121dB (A-weighted, as per IEC651)
Sample Rates: 48 kHz
Bus Powered: Yes
Bit Depth: 24-bit
Analog Outputs: 3.5mm headphone
Computer Connectivity: USB – simultaneous I/O
Mono input, stereo output: Output Connection: USB-C
OS Requirements: macOS 10.12 / Windows 10
Dimensions (mm): Height: 141.9, Width: 54.5, Diameter (base): 89.3