The Panalux Sonara 4:4 is a LED soft light, capable of producing a white light from 1750K to 20000K with advanced green/magenta control.
If you aren’t familiar with Panalux, they are a division of Panavision. The Sonara 4*4, like other Panalux lights, is rental only, you can’t purchase it.
The Sonara 4:4 weighs in at a whopping 39kg (without Stirrup). It has physical dimensions of 124.8 cm x 124.8 cm x 135cm. The light draws 1500W which means you can run it from any household power outlet.
The fixture allows the user to make fine adjustments across accurate white points, create subtle pastel hues, dial-in x,y coordinates, as well as select from a built-in library of LEE Filter gels.
Panaluc claims that the output of the Sonara 4:4 at a distance of 3m (9.84 ft) is 5000lx when used at both 3200K and 5600K.
- Colour accurate, powerful white light
- Expanded CCT range from 1750K to 20000K
- Precision color correction, 96+ TLCI
- Native Lumenradio CRMX
- Detachable controller
- Wide aperture gives soft, wraparound light
- Includes diffusion and eggcrate accessories
- Soft Light. Precise White.
- Flicker free tested to 5,000fps
- Full range dimming from 0-100%
- Built-in LEE Filters Gel library
- DMX, ArtNet or Local Control
- M12 mounting points for easy rigging
- High-output, offering 5000 Lux @ 3 metres
- Consistent, broad and even spectrum
The Panalux Sonara 4:4 has the ability to be operated with the removable controller, native wireless DMX, and ArtNet or industry-standard DMX512,
The Panalux Sonara 4:4 can be calibrated to the color spaces of most major cinema cameras, helping to ensure accurate color rendition and preserving your creative intent from production to post. This sounds very similar to the concept called Project Stardust that was introduced by LiteGear.
Included as standard with every kit is a custom-designed, easy-to-rig softbox with tailored diffusion textiles, including quarter, half, and full grid cloth, as well as super soft magic cloth and a Snapgrid fabric egg crate.