The 5K capable Leica SL2 was recently unveiled and now LockCircle has announced their MetalJacket2 cage for the camera.
The MetalJacket 2 is based on the LockCircle’s Leica SL cage.
- Sophisticated cage design for enhanced “still and motion”feeling
- Easy ON-OFF camera mounting
- Right hand camera grabbing optimized
- Ultra lightweight cage, weight is only 245gr. – 8.6 oz.
- 150 threads 1/4”-20 and 7 threads 3/8”-16 for extreme rigging
- Heavy-duty camera baseplate with 1/4”-20 and 3/8”-16 threads
- CineBlock mount for original Leitz Cine Leica SL/PL Mount
- NovoBlock for Novoflex and P+S Technik lens mounts
- Evo Top Grip handle, compatible with BoomBooster grip handle
- Arri BP-8 Adapter Interface for 19mm rods system
- CNC machined from billet aluminum
- Organic Black anodizing finish
- Mil-A 8625 Type III (Mil-Spec) surface anodized (Dura-T )
- Genuine Titanium Grade 5 knobs and screws
- Camera control display full visible (shaped design)
- MultiPort HDMI / USB 3.0 / Audio / Interface port savers
- LockPort 90 degree rear full-size HDMI output
- Genuine Modular Titanium Grade 5 Rods 15mm
- Focal Plain thread for AC measurement hook (titanium pin)
- MicroMega-M modular ultra-lightweight baseplate (15 rods)
- Designed and manufactured in Italy (Lake Como) by LockCircle
LockCircle says that because of the design of the MetalJacket 2, the Leica SL2 can be used to shoot stills without removing the cage itself.
The Metal Jacket offers 150 threads 1/4”-20 and 7 threads 3/8”-16 for multi accessories mounting like viewfinders, 4K HDMI Recorders, monitors and heavy-duty camera rigging requested by the film industry.
The MetalJacket 2 integrates, with the CineBlock interface mount, the original Leitz Cine / Leica SL-PL Mount if you want to use large, heavy PL lenses.
The NovoBlock integrates the Novoflex and P+S Technik mounts for added strength when using still photography lenses.
The cage integrates the MultiPort HDMI / USB 3.0 / Audio connector port. The LockPort offers a 90 degree rear output full-size HDMI adapter for port protection when using monitors or 4K outboard recorders.
The camera baseplate offers secure mounting (no twisting) with 1/4”-20 and 3/8”-16 threads (Titanium Grade 5 camera screws supplied), the camera baseplate has front and rear 1/4”-20 threads useful for other mounting applications.
The MetalJacket 2 is engineered for easy and quick ON-OFF camera mounting , locked by the bottom camera titanium screw.
The MetalJacket 2 is available in “Classic Black” organic anodized finish or in hard anodized (Mil-Spec) “Dura-T (Tactical Grey)” for uncompromising quality.
The Metal Jacket cage is incredibly lightweight (245 gr- 8.6 o.z.), and has several threads to mount the (AC) tape measurement (titanium pin) hook at the exact sensor focal plane for serious focus-puller precision work.
An ultra-lightweight MicroMega-M baseplate for 15mm rods is available with the modular (joinable) 15mm rods system, CNC machined from genuine Titanium Grade 5.
An Arri BP-8 Baseplate Adapter is engineered to interface the MetalJacket 2 with the universal Arri 19mm rods world of accessories, follow focus, aperture/focus motors and matte boxes.
Price & Availability
LockCircle hasn’t introduced any pricing or availability for the cage yet.