Cooke Optics was showing two new lenses at IBC 2019, the S7/i Full Frame Plus T2.0 16mm and Anamorphic/i 135mm Full Frame Plus T2.
S7/i Full Frame Plus T2.0 16mm
The new S7/i Full Frame Plus T2.0 16mm prime lens is the widest focal length lens in the S7/i range of lenses.
The lens joins the 18, 21, 25, 27, 32, 40, 50, 65, 75, 100 and 135mm. to make up a comprehensive range of focal lengths.
It has been designed for full-frame sensors, including up to at least the full sensor area of the RED Weapon 8K (46.31mm image circle), as well as the Sony VENICE, and the ARRI ALEXA LF large format camera system.
The 16mm weighs in at 4 kg (8.82lb) and as a minimum close focus ability of 6″ (151mm).
- Covers at least 46.31mm image circle
- Colour matched to Anamorphic/i, S4/i, miniS4/i, 5/i and Pancro/i Classic lenses
- Award-winning cam style mechanism for smooth focus adjustments
- Especially well balanced for astigmatism and correct for lateral and longitudinal aberrations over the entire image area
- Supplied with the next generation of /i Technology for lens metadata capture
- Linear iris
- The Cooke Look®, of course
The Cooke S7/i Full Frame Plus T2.0 16mm won’t be available for another 8-10 months and it will retail for $27,000 USD.
Anamorphic/i 135mm Full Frame Plus T2.3
The new Anamorphic/i 135mm Full Frame Plus T2.3 joins the Anamorphic/i prime lens range.
The 135mm Anamorphic/i Full Frame Plus Prime Lens from Cooke features /i Technology and is designed for PL-mounted professional motion picture film and electronic cameras. Its coverage circle covers a full 24 x 36mm still size sensor with 1.8x squeeze. This lens has a T-stop range of T2.3 to T22, and a 90° angular rotation of iris scale.
The lens brings The Cooke Look to large format productions with anamorphic characteristics, including flare and oval bokeh
- /i Technology for frame-by-frame digital information capture
- Control of flare, distortion, veiling glare, and spherical aberrations at full aperture
- Focus mechanism allows for smooth focus adjustments
- Two opposing focus scales—metric and footage
- Focus drive gear: 140 teeth, 0.8 metric module x 6.0mm wide x 102mm from the image plane
- Two opposing linear T scales—whole and third stops marked
- Iris drive gear: 134 teeth 0.8 metric module x 4.0mm wide x 82mm from the image plane
- Modular construction increases ease of maintenance and serviceability
- Cine Gear Expo 2019 Technical Award for best technical advancement in optics
The Anamorphic/i 135mm Full Frame Plus T2.3 will be available in 4-6 months for $32,000 USD.
These two new lenses and will be available to view on the Cooke stand (12.D10) at IBC2019.
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Consider becoming a Patreon supporter and help us to continue being the best source of news and reviews for professional tools for the independent filmmaker.