At IBC 2019 Canon was publically showing their new C500 Mark II for the first time. We caught up with Canon to ask them about how the camera has been percieved and we also got to speak to Director Brett Danton who had an opportunity to use the camera to film an upcoming Jaguar commercial.
The camera features the exact same sensor that is found in the EOS C700 FF. and it can record 5.9K at up to 60p.
C500 MARK II KEY FEATURES
- Full Frame 5.9K 60p
- DIGIC DV 7 Image Processor
- 15+ stops of DR
- 5-axis sensor stabilisation
- Cinema RAW Lite (Internal Recording)
- XF-AVC (H.264)
- 4K 60p 4:2:2 10-bit
- 5.9K, 4K (60fps), 2K (sensor crop) 120fps
- Modular design
- User-changeable Lens Mounts (EF, Locking EF, PL)
- EF, PL, anamorphic and Spherical Lens Support
- 4.3″ LCD Monitor LM-V2 with Touch Focus
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Touch AF and Face Detection AF
- Rear audio/power module
- Internal ND filters (clear, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 stop – 8 & 10 with extension)
- 4 channels of XLR with optional module
- 12G-SDI, 3G-SDI
- 2x CF Express slots
- 1x SD card slot
The Jaguar commercial that was shot on the C500 Mark II should be available to watch online in the next few weeks.
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Consider becoming a Patreon supporter and help us to continue being the best source of news and reviews for professional tools for the independent filmmaker.