Teradek has announced the Bolt 4K MAX. This is the follow up to the Bolt 4K 750 and 1500 that were launched at NAB earlier this year.
The Bolt 4K MAX will become the flagship model for Teradek and it features a 3,000 ft wireless range. If used with an optional larger antenna array you can transmit video up to 5,000 ft.
- Extreme Range: Transmit up to 5,000ft line-of-sight with the Bolt 4K MAX’s new antenna configuration and Broadcast Mode.
- Interference Resistant: Turn on Fixed Frequency Mode to lock onto a specific 5GHz channel for enhanced performance in the toughest RF environments.
- Maximum Performance: Bolt 4K MAX utilizes a new H-V antenna configuration that provides a clearer wireless signal with faster reconnection times over long distances.
- Unlimited Receivers: Broadcast Mode supports an unlimited number of Bolt 4K MAX receivers.
- 120 FPS: Transmit up to 1080p120 for high-speed camera applications.
The Bolt 4K MAX is Teradek’s most advanced and capable wireless system yet. All Bolt 4K systems transmit 10-bit 4:2:2 HDR video at resolutions up to 2160p. Users can transmit to up to six receivers over 14 certified 40MHz channels with a strong wireless link and more options to avoid interference.
For HDR workflows, the Bolt 4K MAX supports the HDR-10, PQ, and HLG standards and can transport extended camera metadata, timecode, and record triggers over the wireless link. The system is also interoperable, allowing any model to transmit and receive from the other (i.e, a Bolt 4K 750 receiver is compatible with a Bolt 4K MAX transmitter and vice-versa).
The Bolt 4K MAX features an all-new Broadcast Mode that enables transmission to unlimited receivers, and a Fixed Frequency Mode to lock operating channels for enhanced performance in crowded RF environments. It also has the ability to transmit 120fps in full HD, this is something I don’t think has been previously possible to do.
For a limited time, all Bolt 500, 1000, 3000, and Paralinx Tomahawk owners are eligible for the Bolt 4K Upgrade Program, which offers up to a 40% trade-in credit depending on model and condition. More details are available on the Teradek site here: https://teradek.com/4kupgrade.
Price & availability
The Teradek Bolt 4K MAX is available for purchase now and will begin shipping at the end of the month.
It’s not cheap though, a basic set with TX and receiver will set you back $13,590 US.