MOZA has a new gimbal that is lightweight and designed for most mirrorless and DSLR cameras. The MOZA AirCross 2 comes in at only 950g (2 lbs) and is designed to be able to use for various cinematic shots with just one hand.
The body is made of magnesium allow and high-quality strong motors, the AirCross 2 provides 3.2kg (7 lbs) payload capacity and is capable of handling most mirrorless and DSLR cameras on the market.
With vertical video for Instagram stories being very popular, the MOZA Aircross 2 allows for your camera to be used in the verticle position so you don’t have to flip it in post. The kit includes an L bracket that is Arca Swiss compatible. Being compatible also means if you use the Arca/Swiss QR plates you don’t have to take them off and swap them out to mount the gimbal saving time on set.
A feature I like a lot is the Three-axis Lock Design that locks of the axis so you can easily balance the gimbal plus it keeps the Aircross 2 locked when traveling so it doesn’t flop around and causes unnecessary wear on the parts and frame when traveling without the case.
AirCross 2 Key features
- 3.2kg payload with only 950g gimbal weight body.
- 12-hours battery life, and quick charging in 1.5hrs.
- Can supply power to the camera and other accessories allowing the camera to be mounted from the left or right side
- Inception Mode 3.0: automatic rotation, speed adjustment, and angle control
- FPV Mode to achieve full-range 360° synchronous movement.
- Mimic Motion Control & Object Tracking
- Quick control for Precision Axis Control
- Auto-Tuning & Balance Check 2.0
- Three-axis Lock Design
- Vertical Mode Supported
- Supports dual follow focusing system
- Combined with Slypod for creative multi-axis camera movement
- Two colors available: White & Black
- Follow focus 1
- Follow focus 2
- Electronic focus
- Precision wheel movement for tilt
- Precision movement for roll
- Precision movement for
You can have two focusing systems attached to control zoom, iris or focusing. The third depends on the camera using the internal focusing system.
The new Aircross 2 also is available in a professional kit that includes a few extra pieces of kit like an Arca/Swiss QR system and iFocus-M motor. Two motors can be used with the system one for iris and the other for focus all are controllable with the gimbal or MOZA app. The Aircross 2 is also compatible with the MOZA Slypod.
MOZA Aircross 2 Kit Includes
MOZA Aircross 2 Professional Kit Includes
The MOZA Aircross 2 retails for $429 and the Professional kit is $499 and is available now for purchase.
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Consider becoming a Patreon supporter and help us to continue being the best source of news and reviews for professional tools for the independent filmmaker.