At BIRTV 2019, Kinefinity was showing their new KineBAT 75 & KineBAT 150 which can feature USB Power Delivery (PD) as well as a standard V-mount.
The batteries are very compact and along with powering the camera via the V-mount, can also provide power to other accessories using the two USB Type-C ports.
The new KineBATs also follow the recent trend of mini batteries with dimensions of 106 x 87 x 35mm for the 75Wh and 106 x 87 x 54mm for the 150Wh version. They are also quite light, at 420g & 720g respectively.
- Capacity: 75Wh (KineBAT 75) /150Wh (KineBAT 150)
- PD USB type-c Input or Output Ports: 5V/2.4A, 9V/2A, 12V/2A, 15V/2A, 15V/2A, 20V/2.2A, MAX 45W
- PD USB type-c Output Port: 5V/2.4A, 9V/2A, 12V/2A, 15V/2A, 15V/2A, 20V/2.2A; MAX 45W
- V-mount Output Voltage (standard): 14.8V;
- V-mount Maximum Output Power: 100W;
- V-mount Maximum Output Current: 8A;
- Working Temp: 0~40 Celcius;
MAVO LF Firmware Update
In KineOS 6.3, the MAVO LF will be getting increased maximum frame rates of 20-50% depending on the resolution.
S35 4K from 75 to 112
S35 4K Wide from 100 to 150
FF Open Gate 3:2 from 40 to 48
FF 6K from 50 to 60
Other updates in the firmware for the MAVO LF, MAVO, TERRA 4K include:
• Single frame recording mode, format as uncompressed DNG with KineLOG;
• Reduce latency of camera much up to 50%;
• Improve live view fluency much more;
• Support latest Kinefinity Viewfinder, KineMON-7H, KineMON-5H.
The KineBATs will be shipping in late September.
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Consider becoming a Patreon supporter and help us to continue being the best source of news and reviews for professional tools for the independent filmmaker.