Here at Newsshooter, we’ve recently been implementing GIFs to help get a point across that is easier to be seen than to read. This one below for an example from Erik’s review of the Tokina 50-135mm MK II showing a focus breathing test.
Wipster knows that GIFs are also a great source of entertainment, and have created the Looping GIF Competition with over $4,500 worth of prizes up for grabs including some neat filmmaking equipment and software.
|Looping GIF submission by Lucas Langworthy||Looping GIF example by Julian Glander||Looping GIF example by SlimJimStudios|
How do you enter and what’s involved?
To enter the competition, all you have to do is create a looping GIF up to 8 seconds in duration and submit at the competition website.
From the website, you can download the GIF starter kit which consists of helpful resources to get you on your way and creating.
Who can enter?
To participate, you have to be 18 or older, and eligible countries include US, Brazil, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Norway, Denmark, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Sweden, Greece, Czechia, Netherlands, and Japan.
What’s up for grabs?
There are two prize packs to win.
- School of Motion Advanced Motion Methods Course – $997
Keyframes Motion Conference (1 Ticket) – $895
- Wipster 250GB Plan (3 Seats, 1 yr) – $810
- Adobe Creative Cloud (All Apps, 1 yr) – $636
- RØDE Wireless GO – $199
- FilmConvert Bundle – $179
- FilmImpact.net Motion Impact Bundle – $176
- Manfrotto Mover-30 DSLR Backpack – $140
- Soundstripe Standard Membership (1-year) – $135
- EditorsKeys After Effects Keyboard – Backlit – $120
- ZHIYUN Smooth 4 – $119
- JOBY GorillaPod Video 3K PRO – $112.45
- mamoworld Squash & Stretch Pro – $100
- LaCie Rugged USB-C 1TB – $85
Judging will be based on 33% tech, 33% creative & 33% story.
Submission closes on 23:59 Pacific Time on September 25, 2019.
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Consider becoming a Patreon supporter and help us to continue being the best source of news and reviews for professional tools for the independent filmmaker.