On this weeks Go Creative Show podcast, host Ben Concoli speaks to Stranger Things Season 3 Cinematographer Tim Ives.
Tim and Ben discuss Tim’s use of LED tubes, shooting season 3 with a full frame RED sensor, the programmable lighting design of the Starcourt Mall, Tim’s thoughts on the future of filmmaking, plus Tim answers audience questions.
If you are a fan of Stranger Things, then this podcast is definitely worth listening to.
You can listen to the full episode above.
- Creating the look for Stranger Things season 3
- How Tim gives Stranger Things that cinematic look
- How they repurposed and lit an existing mall into the Starcourt Mall
- Tim’s approach to lighting for Stranger Things season 3
- How they used a VR device to control light flickering
- What it’s like working with another cinematographer on a series
- How Eleven was lit in Black Space
- Tim’s approach to lighting Erica in the vents
- The lighting approach to the Russian Lab discovery scene
- Camera and lens choice for Stranger Things season 3
- Tim explains his focal length and framing choices
- Tim’s thoughts on the future of filmmaking
- The color of Stranger Things
- One piece of gear Tim has on every shoot