On this weeks Go Creative Show podcast, host Ben Consoli speaks to Caleb Deschanel, cinematographer for Disney’s live-action The Lion King. Caleb shares how they used traditional cinematography to create the life-like virtual film.
You can listen to the full episode above.
Caleb and Ben Calso discuss modeling cameras and lenses for virtual filmmaking, and how Caleb was able to move the sun around in virtual space to get the perfect lighting, using a real drone for the Circle of Life sequence.
- What you will learn in this episode:
- Caleb’s pre-production process for The Lion King
- Building and filming the Virtual Reality sets
- How Caleb managed to use traditional gear to film a virtual world
- Being able to move the sun around in virtual space
- How Caleb was able to alter virtual sets to achieve certain shots
- Post-production process for The Lion King
- Using a real drone for the Circle of Life sequence
- Caleb answers your audience questions
- How Caleb drew inspiration from the animated film
- Caleb’s take on the future of filmmaking