Sony today announced the latest addition to its E-mount full-frame lens line-up with the introduction of an FE 35mm F1.8 large-aperture wide-angle prime lens, model SEL35F18F. This is the 5th 35mm full-frame lens from Sony.
The compact size and light weight of the full-frame 35mm prime makes it a good candidate for street photography or just when you want to travel light but still like having an f1.8 fast prime.
Sony states that the new lens has quiet autofocus and excellent tracking performance making it a great choice for both stills and movie shooting. Its small size means it is equally suited to APS-C as well as full-frame bodies, offering a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Large F1.8 maximum aperture, weighing in at just 280 grams and measuring 65.6 mm (diameter) by 73.0mm (length); this new lens sets a new standard for portability.
- Smart optical construction including an aspherical element to suppress aberration and deliver high resolution throughout the entire image frame. 9-blade circular aperture enables beautiful bokeh.
- Minimum focus distance of 0.22m and a maximum magnification of 0.24x offer easy access to the world of close-up photography.
Versatile control and handling for a wide range of imaging needs
- Conveniently placed customizable focus hold button and a focus mode switch for instantaneous switching between auto and manual focus.
- Linear Response Manual Focus for fine, responsive manual focus control.
- Dust and moisture resistant design[ii] add to the versatility and reliability of this new lens and invoke a feeling of confidence in the user.
Quiet AF with excellent tracking for movies as well as stills
- Fast, precise and quiet linear-motor AF drive system for precise focus for both stills and movies where “wobbling” is employed for delicate continuous focus control.
Pricing and Availability
The FE 35mm F1.8 will ship in Europe in August 2019, priced $748.00US
For full product details, please visit: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/camera-lenses/sel35f18f