The OWC Envoy Pro EX is the first 2TB Thunderbolt 3 SSD that is under $500 USD. These drives were announced back in January, but the price for the 2TB version has now fallen by $234 USD.
- Up to 2500MB/s blazing fast performance
- High-performance storage for demanding applications
- Couples NVMe SSD and Thunderbolt 3 performance
- Compact and portable design
- Rugged MIL-STD810G drop test certified design
- Protective impact absorbing bumper
- Integrated Thunderbolt 3 cable
- 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty
The OWC Envoy Pro EX portable SSD with Thunderbolt 3 is a bus-powered, external SSD that has been designed for field use.
The Envoy Pro EX comes in an aluminum enclosure that OWC claims provide rugged military-level protection from the drops.
The SSD is capable of data rates up to 2500MB/s. The drive uses a combination of 40Gb/s bandwidth offered by the Thunderbolt 3 interface and a high-performance M.2 NVMe SSD.
If you want something that is slightly faster, OWC also has the OWC Envoy Pro EX (VE) which has speeds of up to 2800MB/s. OWN says that it is performance tuned for video production. The OWC Envoy Pro EX (VE) is quite a lot more than the Envoy Pro EX. A 2TB version is $829 USD.
Price & Availability
The Envoy Pro EX drives are available in the following sizes and prices: