B&H has a deal for the next 48 hours where you can purchase the Core SWX Fleet Micro 3A Digital Quad Charger (in either AB Gold Mount or V-Mount) for $599 USD. This is $500 USD off the normal $1,099 USD price.
What will also save you some hard earned cash, is that the Core SWX Nano 98Wh batteries in either AB Gold Mount or V-Mount can also be bought for $189 USD, which is a saving of $40 USD.
- Four Position Gold Mount Charger
- Charge Current: 3A
- Simultaneously Charge Four Batteries
- 4 x 98Wh Packs Charge in Under 2.5 Hours
- On-Board LCD Display Screen
- Battery Management Test Mode
- SafeFly Charge/Discharge Mode
- Worldwide Compatible 90-240 VAC Input
- 4-Pin XLR Powered DC Output
- Compatible with batteries from RED, Anton Bauer, and others in addition to CoreSWX
- The four-line LCD display screen enables monitoring battery information from the charger
- Hypercine mode allows you to mount up to four batteries to provide unregulated 12 to 16.8 VDC from the charger’s 4-pin XLR, without connecting to an AC power supply
- In Hypercine mode the charger’s LCD reports back available capacity as well as remaining runtime
- Aluminum build
- Weighs 5 pounds
The Core SWX Fleet Micro 3A Digital Quad Charger for AB Gold Mount or V-Mpount Batteries is capable of simultaneously charging four batteries at 3A each. This means that four 98Wh batteries can be charged in under 2.5 hours. The on-board LCD display screen allows you to monitor your battery’s smart battery data without needing to connect to a computer. The micro-USB connector allows for firmware updates and for connection to a computer.
The built-in Battery Management Test mode allows the charger to determine battery health and recharge performance. Activating the SafeFly mode forces the charger to discharge or charge connected batteries to a 30% charge level to meet air travel and shipping requirements.
By plugging into an AC power source the Fleet Micro 3A Quad Charger can either charge batteries or be used as a camera power supply via the built-in 4-pin XLR. In the absence of AC power, you can use the charger to feed the 4-pin XLR from connected batteries providing unregulated power. The housing is made of aluminum and the charger weighs 5lb (2.27 kg).
The $599 USD price for the Core SWX charger makes it a compelling option (at least for the next 48 hours!) when you look at the cost of other similar chargers:
- Anton Bauer LP4 Quad Gold-Mount Battery Charge $1,201.75 USD
- IDX System Technology VL-4SE Endura 4-Channel Lithium-Ion Battery Charger (V-Mount) $899 USD
- BLUESHAPE 4-Channel Charger & Monitoring Utility for V-Mount Lithium-Ion Batteries $1,317.65 USD
- Sony BC-L160 4-Position V-Mount Battery Charger $1,279.95 USD