iFootage is running their first ever creative video competition with over $40,000 worth of filmmaking prizes up for grabs including a RED Raven, monitors, lights, audio equipment & more, monthly draws, and a public vote prize.
If you haven’t heard of iFootage, they make a number of filmmaking accessories including motion control systems, sliders and camera support systems like their new Gazelle tripods.
How do I enter?
To enter the competition, you will first need to register on the competition website to reserve your place. Once you have done so, you have until the 28th of July to submit your film.
It is an open brief, so there are no specifics to the genres or topics. Each entry needs to be within 3-10 minutes in length. There are no purchases required to enter, and no requirement that iFootage equipment needs to be used to enter the competition which is nice for those just starting out in the industry. One point to note is that you can’t submit a piece of work made previously, so all entries must be made specifically for the competition.
Rules & guidelines
- Open to everyone on any topic and in any genre -open brief
- Video entries must be between 3 and 10 minutes long
- Entries must be original work that is produced specifically for the competition
- Each entry must have a title
- Selected work will be screened at a competition premier event
- The finished work must be successfully uploaded by the agreed deadline
- Content must not be offensive or defamatory to any individuals, groups or places.
- The Judges’ decision is final.
- Competition closes midnight 28-July-2019 (PST)
- Minimum Resolution 1080P
- Upload to Vimeo or Youtube
What can I win?
There are three main prizes, which will be chosen by the judges. Additionally, there is a Public’s Favourite prize, a special prize which will go to the best motion control setup and two monthly prize draws which will be given to anyone who shares & likes the iFootage content around the #ifootagewin2019 hashtag.