Leitz will be showing their new VistaVision zooms at this year’s NAB. We first saw very early prototypes of the lenses behind glass at IBC last year.
Best known for
The new zooms will be available with PL- and LPL-Mount options including metadata interface Cooke /i and ARRI LDS-2.
With the growing need for zooms that can cover large sensor sizes, we are going to start
- Lens Mount PL, LPL with Cooke/
- Rear Filter Via net holder
- Diameter 114 mm
- Front Filter 112 mm screw-in
- Focus Rotation ≈ 270°
- Iris Rotation ≈ 55°
- Focus scales Turnable scale, easy change from imperial to metric and vice versa
- Iris Shape Circular through all stops
- Color Matching Matched with Leitz Primes
- No light loss (no ramping) over
- Breathing is minimal
- Distortion is exceptionally low
- Chromatic Aberration is not visible
|Focal Length (mm)||25-75mm||55-125mm|
|Focal Length Ratio||3||2.3|
|Image Circle||Vistavision (46.5 mm)||Vistavision (46.5 mm)|
|Close Focus||3′ (0.9m)||3’5″ (1.05m)|
|Weight||9.26lb (3.55kg)||appr. 10.4lb (appr. 4kg)|
|Length||9.92″ (266.6mm)||12.1″ (307.4mm)|
There is no indication about pricing or availability,. Despite not sharing the same focal lengths, they will be competing against the recently announced Fujinon Premistas.