Adobe today announced performance updates and new innovations for video and audio tools in Adobe Creative Cloud, all designed to improve efficiency in video production.
New features include Content-Aware Fill for video, powered by Adobe Sensei, the company’s artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technology, along with new capabilities for titles and graphics, crafting animations, refining audio mixing, and organizing and preparing project media. Some of the hundreds of performance improvements include faster Mask Tracking for effects and color workflows, dual GPU optimization and improved hardware acceleration for HEVC and H.264 formats in Premiere Pro. In After Effects, enhancements include GPU-accelerated effects, such as Change Color and Roughen Edges.
“With the new performance improvements in today’s Premiere Pro release, we’re excited to see dual GPU support to speed up export times, do lighting fast edits, and become better creators.”Niko Pueringer and Sam Gorski, co-founders of Corridor Digital
● Remove unwanted objects automatically with Content-Aware Fill in After Effects—Formerly Project Cloak, Content-Aware Fill for video is powered by Adobe Sensei and automates the process of removing visual elements like boom mics, signs, logos and even people from
● Organize and storyboard your media in the Freeform Project panel in Premiere Pro—Arrange assets visually and save layouts for shot selects, production tasks, brainstorming story ideas, and assembly edits.
● Design with precision and consistency with Rulers and Guides—Work with familiar Adobe design tools inside Premiere Pro, making it easier to align titling, animate effects, and ensure consistency across deliverables.
● Polish audio easily and efficiently with Punch and Roll in Audition—The new feature provides efficient production workflows in both Waveform and Multitrack for longform recording, including voiceover and audiobook creators.
● Surprise viewers in Twitch Live-Streaming Triggers with Character Animator Extension—Livestream performances are enhanced where audiences engage with characters in real-time with on-the-fly costume changes, impromptu dance moves, and signature gestures and poses—a new way to interact and even monetize using Bits to trigger actions.
● Generate an audio mix with Auto Ducking for ambient sound in Audition and Premiere Pro—Powered by Adobe Sensei, Auto Ducking now allows for dynamic adjustments to ambient sounds against spoken dialog. Keyframed adjustments can be manually fine-tuned to retain creative control over a mix.
● Add visual variety—Adobe Stock now offers an extensive collection of 10 million professional-quality, curated, royalty-free HD and 4K video footage and Motion Graphics templates from leading agencies and independent editors to use for editorial content, establishing shots or filling gaps in a project.
● From shoot to showtime—Premiere Rush, introduced late last year, offers an efficient mobile-to-desktop workflow integrated with Premiere Pro for on-the-go editing and video assembly. Built-in camera functionality in Premiere Rush helps you take pro-quality video on your mobile devices.
Premiere Pro New Features
Freeform Project panel
Visually review, organize, and storyboard your media. Assemble rough cuts and then drag them right onto your timeline for editing.
Rulers and guides
New rulers, guides, and grids make sizing and aligning graphics and titles easier. Snap graphics to guides or each other. Color-coded guides ensure consistent positioning for lower thirds, logos, and more.
Auto Ducking for ambient sound
Powered by Adobe Sensei, Auto Ducking for ambient sound utilizes AI technology to detect dialog or voiceover and automatically adjust background sound. Adjustments are keyframed and easy to fine-tune.
Faster mask tracking
Speed up color grading and effects workflows with improved performance for HD, 4K and higher resolution content.
Improved titling tools
All your titling and graphics tools are in the Essential Graphics panel, plus new options like multiple strokes, stroke styling, and background fills. Replace font families in a Motion Graphics template with one click.
Drag and drop multiple Motion Graphics templates into the Essential Graphics panel. Group shapes and apply masks from the Essential Graphics panel.
A dedicated View menu consolidates Program Monitor commands, such as magnification and playback performance and new Guides.
User-requested improvements include the ability to re-order audio effects and to copy and paste effects across clips and projects.
Improvements include new 10-bit hardware decoding for smoother HEVC playback on Windows, faster hardware decoding for H.264 and HEVC on MacOS, and RED Metal acceleration.
Frame replacement for decode errors
Instead of replacing problem frames with red frames, they are now replaced with a copy of the adjacent frame.
Shortcut support for non-English keyboards
Shortcuts are automatically mapped to non-English keyboards including German, Japanese, French, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Portuguese, and Norwegian.
Image scaling options
Choose between absolute or proportional scaling to maintain correct positioning when reframing or resizing sequences.
Expanded format support
Import native Sony Venice V3 files and 32-bit AIFF audio media along with recently introduced support for ProRes Windows (13.0.2) and ProRes HDR (13.0.2).
Pricing and Availability
The new features for Adobe Creative Cloud announced are now available with the latest version of Creative Cloud. For more information on pricing, visit https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html. Multiple subscription plans for Adobe Stock are available at https://stock.adobe.com/plans.