The Lume Cube AIR is a follow up to the original Lume Cube and features, slimmed-down size and extra accessories to provide an all-in-one lighting solution for content-creation.
The Lume Cube AIR takes its design cues from the original Lume Cube, but as the name suggests its smaller and lighter. The light weighs in at just 2 oz (56.7 g) and has physical dimensions of 1.625” x 1.625” x 1.125” (4.12 cm x 4.12 cm x 2.85 cm). The light is also waterproof up to a depth of 30 m (98.42 ft). This is the same depth that the original Luma Cube can be used at.
Being as small and lightweight, the Lume Cube AIR can be mounted in a variety of ways. Not only does it feature a thread for mounting to an arm or light stand, but there is also a built-in magnet so you can attach it to any metal surface.
This new light certainly isn’t for everyone, but it looks well suited for use by YouTubers, vloggers, and the casual photographer/ videographer. It could even be used by serious shooters for adding light into places where traditional lighting sources can’t go or fit.
Lume Cube claims that the 5700K AIR has a CRI rating of +/- 90, and can output 400 lux at a distance of 1 meter (2.28 ft). The light has a fairly narrow 60-degree beam angle. The output isn’t as bright as the original Luma Cube which could produce 750 lux at a distance of 1 m. Even still, 400 lux from a light this small is very impressive.
Just like the original Luma Cube, the AIR can be controlled via Bluetooth using the Lume-X iOS or Android app. This allows users to connect multiple Lume Cube AIRs to control brightness, light mode, strobe speeds, battery levels, and more.
Included with the Lume Cube AIR is two diffusers (white and orange), one for diffusion and one for CTO correction. You also get a lanyard and charging cable.
The Lume Cube AIR features:
- Unmatched Light Quality & Custom Lens – Packed with the best-LED specs for its size, the Lume Cube AIR lighting has a CRI rating of +/- 90, a 5700K daylight balanced color temperature, 400 LUX at 1M power, and a 60-degree beam angle.
- Compact, Waterproof & Durable Design – Weighing in at just 2oz with overall dimensions of 1.625” x 1.625” x 1.125”, the Lume Cube AIR is the smallest and most portable light of its kind, allowing content creators to uncover new creative opportunities whether in the rain or submerged under water up to 30 feet.
- Bluetooth & App Control – From the Lume-X iOS or Android app, users can connect to multiple Lume Cube AIRs and control brightness, light mode, strobe speeds, battery levels, and more. The Bluetooth functionality allows for a seamless connection and fast adjustment of any lighting set-up, creating a truly smart mobile studio.
- Built-In Magnet – In addition to a tripod mountable thread, a built-in magnet provides complete mounting versatility and allows for numerous lifestyle applications outside of content creation. The Lume Cube AIR can be mounted to a bike, attached to a car for maintenance, put in manual Strobe Mode for emergencies, and much more.
- In-Box Accessories – Out of the box, the AIR is equipped with the accessories needed to tackle any content-creation challenge. The white diffusion, orange (warming) diffusion, lanyard, and charging cable provides an all-in-one solution for anybody looking to enhance the level of their content creation.
With newly designed features, improved LED output, and multiple accessories as standard, the Lume Cube AIR looks to be an affordable, compact lighting solution. It is available now from Lumecube.com and select retailers worldwide for $69.95 USD, which is $10 USD cheaper than the original Lume Cube.
For more information on the all-new Lume Cube AIR, visit www.lumecube.com.