These new models build on the original Matrix light with a new larger, more robust yoke, improved dimming, support for high-end RDM/DMX512 and an XLR power input which supports 48V batteries.
- Full RGBW Control
- Custom multi-wavelength LED groups with extensive calibration deliver rich, bright color
- Smooth dimming to 0% without flicker
- 5V/1A USB powers wireless DMX
- IP-24 weather resistant
- XLR power input compatible with 48V battery power
- Unique Quad-Fresnel accessory for increased punch
- Future-proof: Ability to upgrade the firmware in the field
- Compatible with industry-standard softboxes and octabanks via speed ring accessory
- Very lightweight (9.7 lbs) vs. comparable RGB fixtures
- Extreme durability with high-grade aluminum housing and ruggedized exterior
- Single light kit falls within standard airline checked bag weight limits
Full-Colour RGB Lighting
The Matrix II RGBW is the first full-colour RGB lighting fixture from Fiilex. It features four control modes: CCT, HSI, RGBW & Gel presets. Rather than a single chip, the Matrix II RGBW has multiple chips, each with a specific portion of the hue wavelength to produce a deeper range of hues. These chips are positioned into four dense Matrix LED clusters in a custom-designed reflecting chamber which is then enclosed by a layer of diffusion.
The Matrix II RGBW is white balance tunable between 2800-6500K. If you don’t need full-colour RGB, you can opt for the Matrix II Tunable White that is tunable from 2,800-10,000K.
The fixture is compatible with light banks from Chimera as well as DoP Choice when using the speed ring accessory (FLXA088). It can also be used as a front-focused light with the optional Quad-Fresnel, which increases beam intensity by 3x.
Matrix II RGBW Scores
Matrix II Tunable White Scores
Pricing & Availability
The Matrix II RGBW & Tunable White lights will be shipping in July 2018.