The new Cooke 45-450mm Anamorphic/i T4.5 extreme telephoto with 10x zoom ratio was being displayed at the NAB Show in Las Vegas. The lens is a true front 2x anamorphic zoom that offers cinematographers the famous Cooke Look and oval bokeh.
Cooke 45-450mm – Maybe one to try before you buy
The lens creates beautiful anamorphic flare and nice oval bokeh, but you will need deep pockets if you want to purchase one. The lens will retail for $79,000 US and be available around September.
From Cooke – Feature Highlights
- 10x zoom ratio.
- True, front anamorphic with 2x squeeze.
- Oval bokeh, throughout zoom and focus, along with the other coveted characteristics you want when shooting.
- Colour and depth of field characteristics matched to the Anamorphic/i primes.
- Cam-style focus mechanism for smooth focus adjustments.
- Especially well balanced for astigmatism and corrected for lateral and longitudinal aberrations over the entire image area.
- Supplied with the next generation of /i Technology for lens metadata capture
- Linear iris