Zacuto have released the first firmware update for their Gratical Eye EVF, taking the device to v1.1 and making a number of changes to how the device operates:
- Display’s screen saver will immediately transition to black instead of fading out slowly
- Gratical Eyes no longer accept Gratical HD firmware
- Battery meter can be turned off when it is blinking red
- Pixel to pixel indicator in the info area will turn red when active
- Turning color bars or Macbeth chart off no longer activates peaking
- All four joystick directions correctly flip when image flip is active
- Tally light is now set to ‘off’ by default
Perhaps the most important thing to be aware of from that list is that firmware updates for the Gratical and the Gratical Eye are separate downloads.
The firmware is available now, installation instructions and a download link can be found on the Zacuto site.