Ikan has announced the new LIVECOM 1000 Intercom system for live production work which features an impressive 1000ft range using the DECT protocol on 1.9Ghz
- Up to 1000ft full-duplex wireless communication
- Rechargeable beltpacks run up to 8 hours on a full charge
- 1 base station connects to 4 beltpacks
- Built-in noise reduction headsets
- Tally output port on beltpacks
- Base station can be powered either by L series style batteries or AC wall plug
- Expandable to an additional base station to total 8 beltpacks (sold separately)
The system comes with 4 belt packs and 5 headsets as well as the base station. The system can be expanded to a total of 8 belt packs with an additional base station.
The audio transmission is full duplex so talkback is simultaneous between all users.
What’s nice about this system is that the base station can be powered by either L series style batteries or AC wall plug so you can use it in the field. It is also hot-swappable, so you can replace the batteries without turning the system off.
The Base Station has an RJ45 style port which can be used to connect a second base station for a maximum of 8 belt packs.
Each belt pack has a built-in battery that can run for up to 8 hours on a single charge. It is powered by the USB port.
Pricing & Availability
The Livecom 1000 system retails for $1,899 USD.
1 x Base Station
4 x Beltpack
5 x Headset
2 x 1.9 GHz Base Station Antenna
4 x USB to Type C Charging Cables
1 x Multi USB Port Charging Hub
1 x Power Adapter (for Base Station)
1 x Hard Carrying Case