Sign in to follow this  
Gearhead Anonymous

Dehancer - OH MY GOD - looks like film

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• I know Sony and Sennheiser wire their lavs with 3.5mm jacks differently, but it really surprises me that two Sennheisers are different to one another!
    • Good luck finding someone!
    • Share your 30-sec Motion Array ad on Instagram by June 16and win an iPad Pro bundle + free subscriptions to Motion Array, Artlist and Artgrid!   We are very excited to announce the new ad challenge that you can participate in even if you are stuck at home with just your computer. There is no catch! Use your personal footage and logos for a made-up brand and add in effects with Motion Array templates! You can also use Artlist and Artgrid resources.You have up to 30 seconds to share your creative short ad. You can only submit 1 post! For the submission to be accepted, your ad needs to designed as a split-screen showcasing your original footage in one section and the final edited Motion Array version in the other section. To complete your participation, upload your video to Instagram with the hashtag #MAadchallenge in the post caption or comments. Don’t forget to tag the Motion Array Instagram account as well!Sign up or log into your Motion Array account and access all the templates!For more details, check out: https://motionarray.com/learn/motion-array/motion-array-ad-challenge/
    • Thanks R&G. It just surprised me that Sennheiser seem to have a pretty fundamentally different way of building the MKE1 and ME2, despite the obvious difference in quality of capsule, cable, etc. Both of these mics are designed for the same transmitters.  Just for anyone searching in the future, I got a Rode VXLR Pro and this works with all three mics. It's also about five times heavier than the Deity D-XLR, which now seems more like a passive adaptor to me. I suspect the Deity is a very different design and isn't supplying power in the same way - maybe it's doing something clever with specific Deity mics.   
    • Yes sir.  Different transmitters can require different lavs to be wired different (specific) ways.  So if a specific lav is wired to work with specific transmitter, it may not work with a different transmitter(and by extension, an adapter designed for a lav with a specific wiring pattern).