Sign in to follow this  
jeremyw

USB-C to USB-A adapter for webcam?

I somehow managed to get the last Streamcam Plus webcam anywhere (or so it would seem) but did not realize that the USB-C cable was not removable and did not come with an adapter. Does anybody know how to use this on a 2013 MacPro (trashcan) with an adapter? I tried one USB-C to USB-A adapter that came with a drive and it did not work plugged in directly nor through a powered USB 3 hub. Are there special adapters that will make this work? Since the webcams are sold out everywhere I'd love to keep this one and get it working. I sent a request to Logitech but no response yet. Thanks.

A standard USB-C to USB-A adaptor should work.

Make sure it's USB 3.0 though

Like I said, I did try one - it came with an external SSD drive bought less than 2 weeks ago and works perfectly well for data transfer at high speeds. Not on the StreamCam, though... 

Have you tried any other ones? seems to be a bit hit & miss on the adaptors as some reviews on B&H mention the same thing.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1547008-REG/logitech_960_001280_stream_camera_plus_graphite.html/reviews

Nice Unit - Works Perfectly
ByJ Curtis

Like alot of folks I was looking for a web cam to work from home. I got one of these and it certainly does everything I need it to do. Gives crisp streaming video for meetings and webinars. The microphone does a great job. All in all - it is everything I need. Some folks complaint that the USB C connection won't work with a USB A... don't listen. Just get a USB C female to USB A male adapter and its pure plug and play.

Most adapters should work. I use one with an adapter I had from Amazon. Just be aware that your FPS will be capped from 60 to 30 when on an adapter.

Edited by Scott Karlins

Hi...the requirements seem really high for a webcam, even a 1080 one at 60 frames. If it was not so expensive I'd say to just get it and see how it works. 30 frames at 1080 will be smooth also, maybe one of the 920 or 930 models will work for you.