Tim - Bright Tangerine

Lens Database for outer diameters

As a manufacturer of matte boxes, we often have to look up lens sizes to advise customers of what size clamp adapter or clamp-on ring to use with different lenses.

We put together this chart that has a lot of the most used lenses in a print-friendly format that you can stick on your prep bay or matte box case.

There is also an online version that lets you quickly search for keywords and is continually updated - https://www.brighttangerine.com/lenses

image.thumb.png.a5377e2b6e96fd643feb2198ca3438e9.png

lens sizes.pdf1680260588_lenssizes.thumb.jpg.2ad8e0b9d323d563fce26cd23e0e5827.jpg

I would love to see this sort of information being crowd-sourced somewhere!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pyr said:

I would love to see this sort of information being crowd-sourced somewhere!

I guess the idea is somewhat to be crowd sourced, if people notice any missing lenses we can add them in pretty quickly.

If people want to extend the printable version, we could do a 2nd page and make it reversible to fit more.

Thanks @Tim - Bright Tangerine!

This was really needed since ages he he I had to use a spreadsheet which was around made by a 1st ass he he

BTW I think you should not only add to the database the gorgeous Cooke Varotal 20-100mm which is 144mm

but also making a 144mm Misfit Kick rear clamp adapter for it! Pleaseeeeeeeeee ❤️

Or your 143mm one will fit? I tried the ARRI 143mm clamp back for the LMB in a rental house and it didn't...

Stay safe!!!