Tim - Bright Tangerine

Bright Tangerine Left Field Kits for the Canon EOS C300 Mk III & C500 Mark II

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

Happy to share that the Bright Tangerine accessories were used by Canon on the launch film.

Since it's the same body as the C500 Mark II, the accessories are the same for the C300 Mark III.

canon-eos_c300_mark_iii_bts-batzdorff_3-11-2020_00026.jpg

canon-eos_c300_mark_iii_bts-batzdorff_3-10-2020_00049.thumb.jpg.c01cff0ecb326a682f849990b78df990.jpg

More info on the kits are available here: https://www.brighttangerine.com/canon-c300-iii-left-field-cage/

Carlos Quintero recently did a first impression of the cage

If you have any questions about the cage/accessories, i'm happy to answer any questions. 

canon-eos_c300_mark_iii_bts-batzdorff_3-12-2020_00067.jpg

Edited by Tim - Bright Tangerine

Hi Tim,  do you have, or are you looking at any integrated shoulder pad solutions?  On the lookout for options that don't take the camera too high.

Hi @Mark Broadbent, good to see you on the NS forums.

We do have a shoulder pad solution in the works but is has been slightly delayed due to the pandemic.

Keeping the camera centre of gravity low is a reason why we don't particularly like adding shoulder pads underneath but can understand why people do it.

At the back of the baseplate, we have already implemented the provisions for the shoulder pad. Having it placed here not only keeps the camera height but still let you quick release from the dovetail.

image.png.31c5fadb657dbe5a697b0ce821965c1e.png

Thanks Tim for the info.  Will be keen to check it out once available.  Juggling act between keeping the shoulder pad low while trying to get it central on the balance front, particularly with a reasonably heavy lens where you want to slide the camera further back on the shoulder.

Additionally do you know what viewfinder mount is on that particular rig?  On the lookout for options additional to the one the EVF comes with.  Anything BT may be looking at?

Cheers,

Mark

yeah, balance is a tricky one particularly with such a modular camera.

I'm not sure exactly what viewfinder mount they used on the Canon shoot but we do have one in the works that shouldn't be too much longer.

In our typical style, it does things differently to what's currently available

3 hours ago, Tim - Bright Tangerine said:

yeah, balance is a tricky one particularly with such a modular camera.

I'm not sure exactly what viewfinder mount they used on the Canon shoot but we do have one in the works that shouldn't be too much longer.

In our typical style, it does things differently to what's currently available

Not that I'm planning to buy one, but please ensure it has a long reach. I find most EVF mounts are either too clunky, or don't have a long enough each... meaning that when the camera and lens are properly balanced on the shoulder it's impossible to get the EVF in a position where the next is straight, and not bent (like in your first photo above of the DOP).

@Nezih, that's a very good point.  I have always had that issue with my Varicam LT EVF mount.  Never been able to get it far enough away to operate comfortably when balancing for front heavy package (and pushing camera back).

Yeah, I have this problem with my F5 with Fujinon XK6. My rig is almost perfect, but Ild like an extra inch on my EVF arm. I use a Gratical Eye with the Zacuto Axis Mini mount. I like the EVF very much, but IMO the Axis Mini feels chunky, clunky, and over-engineered.